Where to File a Complaint if you have been a Victim of Real Estate Fraud?

Homeowners resources for Real Estate and Loan Modification Fraud:

File a complaint with the California Attorney General’s Office.

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

If your complaint is against a real estate broker:
Department of Real Estate.

If your complaint is against an attorney:
State Bar of California website.

You may also wish to consider filing a Small Claims Court action. These are informal courts where disputes are resolved quickly and inexpensively by a judge. You can recover up to $7500 in Small Claims Court. You can represent yourself or hire an attorney and can request a judgment for monetary damages.

Visit the California Courts Self-Help Center for further information.

Leave a comment